Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by John Parham , Aug 15 2006 9:28PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

plantar fasciitis

I would welcome contact from anyone who has experience in using reflexology/reiki in treating this condition.
johnparham36@hotmail.com
Sally Peckham
Aug 28 2006 11:47AM
Hi, I had plantar faciitis and found that the pain subsided for a few days after reflexology treatments!
John Parham
Aug 30 2006 2:39PM
Thanks Sally, I'll keep on with the treatments, John.
John Parham
John Parham
Penny Mallett
Sep 5 2006 10:55AM
Hi John,
there are often trigger point sin the calf muscles, so make sure you do some work on them. Look at abook called 'the trigger point therapy work book' by clair davies (clair in this case is a man)
I have treated several cases, and each time these trigger points have been involved. Also the fascia of the muscles gets too tight on the back of the legs/whole body, and needs stretching again. They probably sleep with their foot pointed, which contracts everything up the backline of the leg. Another trick is to get them to bend over, without bednignknees, to the point where they BEGIN to feel uncomfortable..( Its not a test of how far they can puch themselves) Not where the fingertips come to. then get them to roll something like a golf ball on the soft arch of the foot, covering the whole area, for a couple of minutes. This is done standing, as they need to apply pressure to their level of tolerance. Make sure they hold onto a back of a chair or somehting f or balance. Then, having done ONE foot, get them to bend over again and there should be more reach on the side worked on. Make susre they do the other foot too. By only doing on first of all, it demonstrates how well this little self help technique works. Give it to them as home work. Make sure they stretch BEFORE they get out of bed, pulling the foot towards their shin as much as possible, so that the stretch can be felt along the calf muscles. By doing this before they get out of bed, the nuscles are already warm and will stretch more easily.
If you want mor einfor are have questions, email me on penny@pmallett1.freeserve.co.uk or give me a ring on 01255 672332.
If you dont do the triggerpoints it is likely to hang around on and off for ages.
hope that helps
I am a reflexologist, by the way (amongst otherstuff)
Penny
Suzanne Zacharia
Sep 26 2006 7:09AM
I often use EFT to soften the are before massaging it and give it to the client as homework. I think I'll also get Clair's book - sounds good.
Suzanne Zacharia
Nov 24 2006 9:55PM
After this discussion, we had an open evening at the salon and a lady came along who had plantar fasciitis. It took three minutes of EFT to reduce her symptoms to almost nothing, and (I am ashamed to say) I only left her with a teeny bit of it so that she would come back for a paid session. She was absolutely gobsmacked by the speedy result and frankly so was I!
Penny Mallett
Nov 26 2006 5:58PM
thank you, suzannah. Can you give any idea of the issues you tapped with for this lady, anything speciifc? I kbow its individual, but it might giveme an idea of a startingpoint for myself! I'll start tonight with the general approach of 'this problem' and see what happens.
penny
Penny Mallett
Nov 26 2006 5:59PM
and sorry, I have called you susannah, I mean susanne.
apologies
penny
Suzanne Zacharia
Nov 26 2006 7:39PM
"This plantar fasciitis and all it represents to me" is a good one, and make sure you do the eye roll too, as it helps access related emotional issues.
Suzanne Zacharia
Nov 26 2006 7:40PM
"This plantar fasciitis and all it represents to me" is a good one, and make sure you do the eye roll too, as it helps access related emotional issues.

Let me know how you get on!

Suzanne Zacharia
Nov 27 2006 8:12AM

Let me know how you get on!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Discussion about treatments