Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Helen Rae Coleman, Oct 15 2012 6:59PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Pamper evenings

I'm a massage therapist and I've been asked to take part in a pamper evening which takes place in a school assembly hall. Does anyone have any experience of how to do massage at this kind of event? Would it be best just to offer hand/ feet/ facial massages so they don't have to get undressed? Or have some sort of screens? Also it's 20 minute slots which allows very little time for a consultation, what do I do about this?
Any advice would bee great,
Helen
Bodysoul massage
Liam Hennessy
Oct 15 2012 11:47PM
Hello Helen,
I took part in a pamper day for over 55's recently and it was in a hall.
I offered 15min treatments to hand, foot and lower back and i had them queueing up !!!
It worked a dream, as i did'nt have to worry about privacy, undressing, etc.
Best of luck,
Liam Hennessy, Dublin, Ireland.
Nicolle Mitchell
Oct 16 2012 7:27AM
Hi Helen,

I believe its still important to make sure you know of people's contra-indications, so for these sort of events I have my pdq form, which is a cheerful poetic rhyming ticklist of all the contra-indications possible on one page, plus a blank bit for anything unusual i may have missed, (also has their name & contact details) so your client just reads quickly down the list & you can ask someone to fill it in while they wait to save more time. then if something has been ticked you can ask a little more about it & record it on your sheet. On the reverse I have columns for their sig n date, my sig n date (ie contract agreement) plus a column about the treatment i gave & oils etc used.

Hope this helps, have fun :-) Niki
Helen Rae Coleman
Oct 16 2012 8:32AM
Thankyou, that's very helpful, did you take your couch or just use a chair? Can I ask how much you charged per 15 minute treatment, thanks.
Liam Hennessy
Oct 16 2012 11:14AM
THE EVENT WAS ORGANISED BY THE LOCAL COUNCIL, SO THEY ARRANGED TO PAY ME A FEE. I WOULD HAVE CHARGED £5 - £8 FOR 15 MINS.
Liam Hennessy
Oct 16 2012 11:15AM
Helen,
I took my couch too !!!
Nicolle Mitchell
Oct 16 2012 12:12PM
i have been adaptable & taken a couch, shiatsu mat, massage chair or regular chair, that's the beauty of massage its so adaptable, but i find keeping it simple helps & take cushions to ensure client comfort or get them to lean against you esp with chair massage .:-)
Liam Hennessy
Oct 16 2012 12:17PM
Thats great Helen. You are well organised. Best of luck with the event.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Request a Forum