Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
The Disability Foundation in Stanmore require Volunteer Complementary Therapists
• Are you an experienced or a new or a soon to be qualified therapist?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer?
• Would you like first-hand experience working with disabled clients?
• Are you looking “to give something back”?
About: TDF is seeking qualified therapists specialising in massage (aromatherapy, remedial, sports, Indian-head, Thai-yoga), craniosacral therapy, chiropody, reflexology, osteopathy, acupuncture and counselling, to deliver our services on a voluntary basis and to play a meaningful role in this established charity.
The Disability Foundation (TDF): Based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London, HA7 4LP. TDF offers affordable complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability or chronic ill-health (whether seen or unseen); their families; carers and NHS staff. We also treat the non-disabled public.
Role: Volunteer Therapists gain a unique and rewarding experience delivering therapies to a varied range of clients within a professional environment.
• Available three & a half hours per week. TDF is open Monday to Saturday.
• Availability on weekday evenings &/or Saturdays particularly welcome
• Commitment of six months or more
• Qualification to practice from a recognised body - Level 3 or above
• Up to date insurance documents
• Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (TDF will apply & pay on your behalf)
• Satisfactory references
• First-hand experience and practice working with disabled people, their carers and those with long-term health conditions
• Mentoring and support from TDF’s experienced senior therapists.
• Treatment room, towels and oils provided
• Client appointments arranged
• Travel expenses can be covered up to £7 per day
To check travel arrangements to TDF, see the RNOH website www.rnoh.nhs.uk There is a free RNOH Shuttle Bus from Edgware & Stanmore underground stations, Monday to Friday. When driving, be aware that the nearest entrance to TDF is from Warren Lane. Free car parking.
If you wish to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, specifying which therapy you would be able to offer & your expected availability.
More information about TDF:
Registered Charity number 1076761
Address: c/o RNOH, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, HA7 4LP
Telephone: 020 8954 7373