Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Aug 18 2014 11:28AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

getting back into massage therapy

I took my CIBTAC anatomy, physiology and body massage qualification back in 1998, started to practice after wards but then circumstances changed so I had to go back to my old type of admin work.

Can I still use this qualification to get back into this profession and what would I now need to do to start again in this profession. I am now in my 50's but would like to perhaps spend the rest of my working life doing something I enjoy. I have probably forgotten more than I can remember so are there any refresher courses I should go on? or is it too late for me to get back into? Also are there any complimentary services to offer alongside massage that I should be thinking about training in? any replies even negative will be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is not the place to ask but I cannot seem to find any answers anywhere else.
thank you in advance
Judy Patricia Luffman
Aug 18 2014 1:44PM
I would encourage you to return to massage. My qualification is International Health and Beauty Certificate back in 1996. I have practice continuously ever since, albeit mostly friends and family, I have maintained my membership with CThA, sometimes with insurance and sometimes without. They are a very supportive organisation and understand when circumstances mean you cannot practice commercially. I was unable to practice commercially while I was a nurse, but continued with friends and family and bartered with colleagues for other things, garden produce, meals, reciprocal treatments. It's a skill which is in demand. I would recommend doing an update course as Continuing Professional Development, search online for providers but make sure the course is accredited. Best Wishes.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public