Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Health & Social Care Act 2012
We are not aware of this business in particular but we have heard of many rogue business operating in this sector.
Some things to think about when you are receiving a cold or unsolicited call:
• Never make a decision while on the phone with the sales person, you are on the back foot give yourself time to think about what is being offered, the cost and benefits to your business
• Never agree to anything verbally over the phone, always insist that everything is in writing via email
• Aways take the time to research the business before giving any payment details, If the business is legitimate they will have no problem in you taking the time to do this
• If the business is based outside of the UK, remember you will be unprotected by UK law. In this case only ever go with a business that is very well know or has been personally recommended to you
• Never give your card details over the phone
• If you do decide to pay for something online, make sure that webpage is “HTTPS” (you can see this in the address bar)
• Ensure the payment is taken via a know merchant: Worldpay, Paypal, Sagepay, Paypoint etc
• If possible use a credit card as this offer the best payment protection online
Feb 19 2015 5:54PM
|Useful information, but I don't quite understand it's relevance to the Health & Social Care Act?|