Please do not use forums to advertise courses.
Volunteer Complementary Therapist,, St Luke's Hospice, Harrow, Middx
THE WOODGRANGE CENTRE AT ST LUKE’S
St Luke’s Day Services are based at the Woodgrange Centre at St Luke’s hospice. The Centre is a modern and accessible unit blended with a beautiful grade 2 listed building.
The Woodgrange Centre offers a wide range of services to enable patients to live well and be independent for as long as possible.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi disciplinary team delivering a high standard of care. You will also have the opportunity to attend in-house education workshops. (CPDs)
As a volunteer you would be based in the Woodgrange Centre, which provides care for outpatients, patients who attend our full day service and also in our 12 bedded inpatient unit. Initially shadowing a senior therapist as well the following training:-
Duties will Include:-
• To be committed to delivering high quality holistic are within the context of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and liaising with the members of multi-disciplinary team
• Working as part of the Complementary Therapy Team and attend regular peer support team meeting
• Keep concise and accurate records of all interventions in line with St Luke’s record keeping procedures
• Ensure efficient supply and safe storage of complementary resources
• Act in accordance with the Complementary Therapy Policy and all procedures and protocols relating to complementary therapy
• Level 3 qualification equivalent in Complementary Therapy
• Competent in IT skills
• Preferably 2 years experience as a therapist
• Adequate personal indemnity insurance
• You will need to be aged over 18.
The service is currently held on Monday Tuesday/Wednesday/and Friday. Ideally you would be available for 4 hours a week and looking for a commitment of 4 months. A DBS check is required for this position
You will be given a comprehensive induction with training provided and support offered throughout your time volunteering.
For further information or if you would like to come and have a look around please do not hesitate to contact:-
Deirdre Rice tel: 0208 382 8101
Complementary Therapy Lead
Woodgrange Centre @ St Luke's
Middlesex, HA3 0YG
Full details are also on our website including application forms. www.stlukes-hospice.org