Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Helen Nestor, Dec 12 2018 5:46PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

training for massage trainers

Id like to get advice on what course to take to train to teach massage. Ive been asked to teach at a new massage school and was told that the Gateway Course will not qualify me to work anywhere. Can you reccomend a couurse that will qualify me to work anywhere.
Regards
Helen Nestor
Yvette Powell
Dec 12 2018 6:07PM
Who are you teaching? Is this new therapists or are you delivering CPD courses?
Frances Daly
Dec 12 2018 6:22PM
Helen

What course are you hoping to teach. Have you taught before? Who are the awarding body or bodies that accredit the course.

You can check teaching courses with them or you can do the Level 8 Adult and Community education course in Maynooth University course. very good courses.

There is also Train the Trainer Level 6 courses and Train the trainer at Level 7 on the Irish
Academic Framework

ITEC also have teaching award.

You need to be sure that is accepted by the awarding bodies.

If you have a level 8 degree that opens other pathways for you.

Frances
Helen Nestor
Dec 17 2018 10:54PM
It's the first time I'll be teaching and its beginners holistic massage. The board is the Beauty Guild as it's part of a Spa business I work at. I have 13 years experience. My diploma was a 700 hour course taken in America covering different modalities. I took Continuing development courses to keep my licence in USA for 10 years and have been back in UK for 3 years with C P Ds taken here too. I'm not sure where that places me.
Thanks for your responses.
Helen Nestor
Dec 17 2018 10:54PM
It's the first time I'll be teaching and its beginners holistic massage. The board is the Beauty Guild as it's part of a Spa business I work at. I have 13 years experience. My diploma was a 700 hour course taken in America covering different modalities. I took Continuing development courses to keep my licence in USA for 10 years and have been back in UK for 3 years with C P Ds taken here too. I'm not sure where that places me.
Thanks for your responses.
Helen Nestor
Dec 17 2018 10:56PM
I'm in Sussex so would be looking to take courses here, in London or on line.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Employment Opportunities