Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Kathy Sellwood, Nov 7 2008 6:52AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Working abroad & public liability insurance

I currently hold ITEC qualifications for anatomy, physiology and massage, on-site massage, sports massage and beauty specialist. All my qualifications are valid in Australia as they too offer ITEC courses. I have a valid working visa for the period of time I will be in Australia but have been told that I may need public liability insurance (PLI) as most Australians are in private health care plans and can claim money back for any remdial treatments if I am with an organisation which will cover me for this, providing I have the correct PLI.

Does anyone know if the public liability insurance I currently hold, through Embody and CthA, with Holistic Insurance covers me abroad or if they have a sister company in Australia?

I have been given information to contact the Australian Traditional Medical Society (ATMS) which I have done but am currently waiting for an answer.

If anyone has worked in Australia on a working Visa your help would be greatly appreciated. Alternatively, if CthA has any information on my query please email to me at

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion