Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Jim Guest, Mar 13 2009 4:23PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Volunteer Complementary Therapists - Birmingham

Volunteer Complementary Therapists

Various daytime shifts available - Monday – Friday

BSMH is seeking volunteer Complementary Therapists to join our clinical team which is currently led/ coordinated by the Physiotherapy Service. Our volunteer Complementary Therapists provide hands-on Complementary Therapies to Hospice patients with life limiting illness, for the primary purpose of psychological well-being. Approved therapies are currently Aromatherapy, Massage, Indian Head Massage and Reflexology. Therapies are delivered on site in our Inpatient Unit, Day Hospice or in one of our two treatment rooms. Suitable volunteers will have recognised qualifications and experience in the approved therapies, membership of an appropriate professional body, full insurance and a desire to learn especially about palliative care.

We offer excellent support, clinical supervision, training, uniform and expenses. For further information or to receive an enrolment pack please contact Fiona Campbell, Complementary Therapies Coordinator or Sharon Harkin, Voluntary Services Manager on 0121 472 1191 or email info@bsmh.org.uk

Informal visits are welcome by prior arrangement.

Closing date: 10 April 2009
Interview date: W/C 27TH April 2009

Registered Charity No. 503456

The Hospice is committed to promoting diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community

Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice
176 Raddlebarn Rd
Selly Park
Birmingham B29 7DA

www.bsmh.org.uk

Dianne Bury
Jul 22 2009 9:09AM
Hi

I know its a little past your application date but I wondered if you could help me as well as me helping you I am a Hypnotherapist Life Smoking Cessation Practitioner Weight Management Practitioner I work with people with all sorts of problems including pain management I am also a SymbioDynamicS Consultant which is a changeworks helping people to see a more possitive way of dealing with the challenges that they are facing in life. I also practice EFT I am also a ex qualified Nurse and District Nurse

I would like to put something back into the care of people with cancer etc I lost my Dad nearlly five years ago to Walthenstroms Disease and now feel that the time is right for me to help

I would be greatful for your advice.

Dianne Bury GHR GHSC CThA.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Employment Opportunities