Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Aug 17 2010 7:44AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Thai massage

I have completed a Thai massage course in Wat Pho Thailand, please see what it included below:

General Thai Massage Course For 30 Hours

Starting at the basic level, students are trained to do the whole body massage which help to relieve muscular fatigue and pain, reduce tension and headaches, regain mobility in muscles and joints, and promote relaxation.
Practical session
- Introduction to Thai Traditional Medicine and Thai Massage
- Precaution and Prohibition of Thai Massage
- Masseur/Masseuse posture
- Massage position, technique, step and procedure

Class Time : From 9 AM to 4 PM for 5 consecutive days.

Can I use the certificate from this course to offer Thai massage in the UK? If not can you please advise me what else I need to do.

Thank you, Mair
David Sowden
Aug 20 2010 6:32PM

You do not need a licence to practice massage therapies (including Thai) in the UK.

But most insurance companies will need you to have an Anatomy and Physiology qualification to obtain insurance coverage. For professional association membership it is typically expected for you to train at a minimum of 72 hours in Thai massage and have an A&P qualification, but this can vary.

You do not have to be a member of a professional association in the UK, but can offer services like insurance at a good rate.

Best Wishes

Thai & Oriental Massage Therapist

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public