Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Sep 17 2010 1:48PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

licence from local authority

hi there do i need to obtain a licence to set up my beauty and massage business
Dawn Spragg
Oct 12 2010 9:26PM
Yes most defiantly. You will also need to be checked for Fire regs hydrants alarms etc and health and safety. This should have been taught in your Business Study section of your qualification but if in doubt Contact your local council and ask for information specific to your borough

Good luck
Moragh Ann Leask
Jan 13 2011 5:05PM
you need to register with your local authority. You may not need a licence, which entails the checks etc. my local authority advised me that if I was a member of the CTHA then all i needed to do was register with them. You still need to complete the full application for for your local authority, in which you state which Association and insurance you are with. I would phone your local authority and ask them, mention the CTHA specifically. The council confirmed in writing to me that I was registered and able to practice at my clinic.

I did and saved myself several hundred pounds for a licence.
Dawn Spragg
Jan 13 2011 9:21PM
Hi Moragh

Thanks for this
Which local authority is this? , I will look in to this and inform our authority of their more flexable policy and see if they will take the same line .
Moragh Ann Leask
Jan 14 2011 1:10PM
Hi Dawn, it is Richmond Council. Good Luck
Dawn Spragg
Jan 14 2011 9:33PM
Thats great thank you for coming back with this


Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public