Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted Oct 14 2010 5:33PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Relaxation Massage-

Hi Everyone, I am currently attending a relaxation massage class run by my local authority lasting 10 weeks for 2.5 hours a night and gaining an ocn level one qualification.
my question is when i get this cerificate would it be enough to allow me to charge for any massage i give, not just for familly and freinds and would i be able to get liability insurance based solely on that qualification.

Many thanks Dave
Dawn Spragg
Oct 30 2010 12:15AM
No I’m afraid not, this is no were near a Massage qualification, but it is a start.
All professional Massage therapists have to obtain not only qualifications in Massage but also Anatomy and Physiology and often Business studies to gain a suitable qualification and gain insurance.
May I suggest you look at the ITEC web site
look under Massage qualifications to give you a good idea what the years course entails and where locally you can study .As an ITEC trainer I can assure you it’s a lot of hard work including homework and case studies but so worth it when you finish and qualify as a newly fledged massage therapist with the ability to treat the general public or to progress more deeply in to the world of Therapy which so many of us do.
There are other qualifications NVQ and BTEC also, just check the web for their sites. Or contact the CThA as they can also advise you.
Good luck

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Questions from Members of the Public