Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Hilary John , Mar 15 2011 6:35PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Independent Safeguard Authority for Qualified Infant and Baby Massage Instructor????

Hi All

Do any other baby massage instructors have any information about the I.S.A?

I recently qualified and my instructor said i now need to contact this government branch and pay them around £20 to be allowed to work with babies and infants.

There isn't a dedicated form to fill in online and not very much information on their website about how much it costs, what it entails, etc etc (

I know it is a relatively new thing - Only since Feb of this year and i think it is along the same sort of lines as a CRB check?

If anyone else has done this, knows the easiest way to go about it, how much it costs, how they might keep my information etc etc i would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

Amanda Clegg
Mar 15 2011 10:58PM
The government has had to go back to the drawing board with Vetting & Barring, as it was unworkable. I don't think you will need this anyway as you are not working with the children away from their parents. If you work in a school/youth group/care home etc where you are in contact with kids when parents are not present, then you do need to be CRB-checked, but the organisation you work for does this on your behalf. Double check with the CAB or similar to make sure. Been lots in the press lately about the govt. u-turn if you google 'vetting & barring".

Amanda Clegg
Mar 15 2011 10:59PM
ISA is Independent Safeguarding Authority. Typical that their website isn't clear!

Post Reply |

| Back Up to General Discussion