Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Mel Fearon, Mar 24 2011 9:05AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

I am looking for mobile massage therapy opportunities

Hi Everyone,
I have worked within a busy spa environment (airport business lounge) for 5 years. I have a wealth of experience but I am looking to venture out on my own.

I am a qualified sports massage therapist, holistic and on seated chair massage therapist.

I would like the know the best way to get involved in taking part in events, pampering parites and obtaining private clients for sports massage. Does anyone have any opportunities available?

I have no clue how to start up my or the best way to start up.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Mel
Ann Douglas
Apr 14 2011 5:29PM
Hi Melody

I started out like you two years ago with no idea of how to find my own clients or market my services (I'm a massage therapist too). The absolutely best thing I did was to join local business networking groups. I started with Ladies Who Latte and have joined others since then. LWL is free to join, you only pay for your coffee. If you look at their website you may find a group near you: www.ladieswholatte.com. I met loads of other therapists and women setting up small businesses. I learned a lot from them and now work with some of them. Business netwoking is not a great place to get clients (although you may get a few) but it's a great place to get help and support if you chose your groups wisely.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Ann Douglas
Camberley, Surrey.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Looking for work