Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Angela Rawlins, Mar 3 2012 1:03PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

MEETINGS

Dear Members

Thank you to the members who took the trouble to reply to my 'survey'.

I have had only very few replies to the emails, unfortunately not enough to enable me to organise any meeting wether in Reading town centre or at our usual venue ot the Macmillan Centre.

As you might imagine, it can be very awkward situation when a speaker who comes to give a presentation/demonstration arrives and we only have very few attendees. The speakers have put a lot of effort into coming and gathering together all they need. They may come from a long distance at their own expense. The speakers charge no fee. How can I organise a speaker knowing that there quite possibly there will only be bearly a handful of members attending?

I understand that for many, we have to put the client first as they may be few and far between in this current climate. But, WE as therapists need all the support we can get from each other. The group can be our support, but only if WE support the group, even if you're not interested in the subject, you get to meet other therapists.

While I understand that our regular venue might not be ideal for some members, it is a fantastic venue. Plenty of free off road parking, lovely kitchen and huge lounge area and I get it from 7 - 9.45 at a reasonable donation. It is impossible to have venues in ideal places for everyone, we just need to make an effort.

So, what now? What can WE do? It would be nice if everyone could innundate me with emails saying 'I will definitely come to a meeting, I will put it in the diary so as it is booked'.

So for the immediate future, there are no meetings arranged due to the situation.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many regards

Angela

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Three Counties Border (Berks/Hants/Surrey)