Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Suan-Lee Clynick, Apr 16 2012 4:56PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Re:CN London Group Meeting: Tuesday, 22nd May, 7-9 pm. PULSING by Guy Gladstone

Dear Therapists,

Sunny sky and a ‘refreshing wind’, what more can we ask for? I hope this find you all well.

Those who attended the last meeting of Thought Field Therapy experience some changes when Melanie Bloch took us through some basic TFT. Thank you so much Mel for sharing your expertise with the group.

Our next meeting will be on Pulsing, the “Tai Chi of Massage”. Do please attend if you would like to find out more about this fascinating form of massage therapy. Anybody is welcome, even if not a member of CThA as knowledge is for all.

DATE: Tuesday, 22nd May 2012
TIME: 7 – 9 pm
VENUE: Lecture Room
Little Venice Sports Centre
10 Crompton Street
London W2 1ND
Tel: 020 7641 5111
(nearest tube station: Edgware Road
Buses: 6, 16, 98, 332, 414 – Orchardson Street Stop)

TOPIC: Pulsing
SPEAKER: Guy Gladstone

Pulsing is a profound yet gentle form of bodywork. The soft rhythmical rocking or 'pulse' nurtures and energises, coaxing tense muscles into relaxation. A delight to give and a treat to receive, it has been termed 'the Tai Chi of Massage'.

The talk to introduce Pulsing will include: what it is, where it
comes from, its benefits, who it is appropriate for and what may happen
during a session. Next, all members will be given a pair of self pulsing
exercises to get the feel of this modality, followed by volunteers for
5-10 minute (clothed) mini sessions on the massage table. If the group
wishes, Guy will include pairing up to practice a few moves that can be
done at floor level. There will also be time for questions.

Guy Gladstone has been teaching Pulsing since 1985 as the hands-on dimension of Bodyspace, his broader personal development programme. He has worked as a body psychotherapist with both individuals and weekly ongoing and weekend bioenergetics groups at The Open Centre since 1984. He has recently added coaching for holistic practitioners; and with eighteen colleagues has launched the first entry of a 2 year course, Humanistic Alchemy, combining four strands: bodymind, expressive arts, ecosocial and the transpersonal.

(PLEASE NOTE: There is a small contribution of £3 to cover the costs of room hire and refreshments)

Please RSVP by text, e-mail, or posting on this forum

With warmest regards,

Suan
Mob: 07811780622
e-mail: central-and-north-london@chta.com
CThA Co-ordinator for Central & North London Group
Brenda Moses
Apr 18 2012 8:29PM
Hi Susan,

Hope you are well.

It was interesting to read about Pulsing and I am intrigue to know how to give this treatment.
I will definetly attend the meeting on the 22nd May 2012. Please count me in.

Kind Regards
Brenda.
Julie Lawton
Apr 19 2012 11:05AM
Hi Susan, do you have room for 2 more? Myself and a friend Trina Thomas. We are both massage therapists x
Suan-Lee Clynick
Apr 19 2012 2:26PM
Hi Brenda, Julie and Trina,
All three of you are on the list. I will look forward to meeting you on the 22nd May.
Warm regards, Suan
Julie Lawton
Apr 22 2012 2:01PM
We are looking forward to it also! Kind regards, Julie & Trina xx
Julie Lawton
May 19 2012 2:21PM
Hi Susan, we are really really sorry but Trina and i have to cancel tuesday! :-( we hope your evening goes really well! Regards Julie & Trina
Suan-Lee Clynick
May 19 2012 3:14PM
Sorry you can't make the meeting Julie and Trina. Thank you for letting me know.
Warm regards, Suan
Julie Lawton
May 20 2012 10:29AM
I've just realised that i've been spelling your name wrong so deepest apologies Suan x

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bromley Networking Hub