Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dhanu Kara, May 3 2012 10:32PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CThA Harrow, Middlesex & Uxbridge Therapist meeting – Sun, 3rd June, 6 - 8pm AND Lavender Field Trip

Hi,
Never mind the weather (it’s helping the garden anyway); we have so many things to look forward to in the coming year!

I want to say a big thank you to Martha Roe for a highly informative session on what conditions are helped by the Classical Buteyko Method and she also got us to normalise our breathing!

Meeting: Sunday, 3rd June – 6.00pm–8.00pm
Group: CThA Harrow, Uxbridge & Middlesex Therapist Group

Speaker: Mike Harmon, our guest speaker is a Naturopath, a Clinical Aromatherapist, Reflexologist and Iridologist with Applied Nutrition. He produced cosmetic products using Naturopathic principles and his clients include Aman Hotels, spas and a bespoke cream for Elizabeth Taylor!

Currently, Mike runs his Naturopathic business in London, teaches courses on skincare products and is finishing a book on how to produce an organic product range.

Meeting: EASY WAY TO MAKE YOUR OWN QUALITY CREAMS
Mike will bring the raw materials to show you how an elegant cream is made using plant based materials with samples to take home. He will demonstrate a new organic emulsifier and make a special thickened oil gel.
Be prepared to be shocked and amazed at what goes into commercial ‘beauty’ creams and how easy it is to make your own quality products.

Venue: Buckingham College School, Hindes Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1SH
Parking: Car parks within walking distance - off street, Debenhams, St Georges & St Ann's shopping centres and Tesco’s car park (2 hours)
Travel: Metropolitan line - Harrow-on-the-Hill, Bakerloo line and trains - Harrow & Wealdstone station. Buses: Harrow-on-the-Hill, Wealdstone Bus garage, Buses 186 & 340 etc.
Admission: £3 to cover cost of venue

Looking forward - 28th July, Sat - Carshalton Lavender Trip (SM5 4NQ) – This is a non-profit community project which is open to the public on this weekend only. YOU get to pick free lavender to take home and watch the distillation process. The travel cost – car share or public transport, No entrance fee, you can buy essential oils de-stilled there. I need to know numbers by 19th May, so if you are interested in coming please let me know ASAP.

Please e-mail me: dkara_stresstherapies@hotmail.co.uk, to confirm your attendance for either/both events.
I look forward to seeing you.

Dhanu Kara
CThA Co-Ordinator for
Harrow, Uxbridge & Middlesex Therapist Group

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Harrow Uxbridge Middlesex Networking Hub