Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dhanu Kara, Jul 31 2012 1:32PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CThA Harrow,Middx & Uxbr Therapist group meeting, 23rd Sep 2012 – Make your own high end moisturiser

Hi

Hope you are enjoying the Olympics and the sunshine!?

28th July, Carshalton Lavender trip, was the most glorious sunshine day of the year, I think!
It was decided by everyone that we would use public transport as there were couple of roads closed off for the Olympics.
The expected delays on the trains did not materialise and it was such an easy trip, there and back, it was obviously meant to be! Beautiful sunshine with a gentle breeze, smell of lavender, butterflies and bees buzzing, watched the distillation process and bought some lavender (lots actually!), essential oils, hydrolat, moisturisers etc. Then we had tea and homemade cakes and talked about going to the Olympics Park on the way home but everyone was too tired! Everyone had just the best day, sunshine, lavender and good company (wish I could post photos here). Thank you everyone for a lovely day.

Next meeting
DATE: Sun, 23rd Sep 2012
TIME: 6 - 8pm
VENUE: Buckingham College School, Hindes Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1SH
Buses/trains/parking: 340, 186 etc, Next to Tesco’s roundabout, Harrow-on-the-hill or Harrow and Wealdstone stations, Sunday road parking, Tesco free car parks (2 hours), St Ann and St Georges shopping centres

TOPIC: Make your own Natural & high end moisturiser
SPEAKER: Mike Harman
Mike is a Naturopath and Aromatherapist. He trained in cosmetology and produces cosmetic products using Naturopathic principles to add nutrition to the products and therefore to the skin. Mike and Dr. Klein, Professor of Medicine and Dermatology UCLA, are currently in discussions to produce a range of facial oils. He created a bespoke cream for Elizabeth Taylor. Mike teaches and is just finishing a book on how to produce an organic product range.
Be prepared to be shocked and amazed at what goes into commercial "beauty" creams and how easy it is to make your own quality products. Following the demonstration you will be able to take home a sample cream.

PLEASE NOTE: There is a small contribution of £3 to cover the cost of room hire.

Please RSVP by text 07773 716 205 or e-mail dkara_stresstherapies@hotmail.co.uk.

I look forward to seeing you.

Dhanu

p.s. My clinical supervision team and I have organised a community health awareness day on 18th August at Victoria Hall, Harrow. Complementary therapies, health checks, free workshops/demos and raffle. All therapists, Drs, nurses & volunteers are donating their time, for a charity that educates orphan children and supports the elderly. Please come and have treatments etc. to support our hard work or if you need more information e-mail me.

Dhanu Kara
- CThA Co-ordinator for
Harrow, Middlesex & Uxbridge Therapist group

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Harrow Uxbridge Middlesex Networking Hub