Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Elizabeth Farrow, Nov 29 2012 5:18PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Request for feedback

Hello,
This has been a trying year for many and one tinged with sadness through loss of loved ones and illness. In spite of members volunteering to take up the batton from the first volunteer, all future events and arrangements have not materialised due to lack of interest. Following surgery this summer I have had to reduce my involvement and comittemnent significantly. The networking groups have been a fantastic platform to help those in business, develop their practice and increase their client base but opening these to non members co incided with CThA members not always attending, although there may be no corelation. There has been a great deal of interest in both the business buddy scheme I have discussed individually and the Exchange therapy scheme introduced and posted to all members. Again, I have found that; non members seem more pro-active, interested and motivated leaving me to question what members actually want from their local groups. I have asked the CThA to promote our need of more local groups and inviting members to get involved in this activity, but again little interest has been forthcoming. Members live all over the North West so it makes sense that members are reluctant or unable to travel to South Manchester where I am based or indeed the city if they live more than 20 + miles away as many do.
All of the ideas presented tend to invoke great interest externally and I wish I had the time and energy to pursue these activities, but alas my role is to support CThA members; therefore I am unable to work outside of this remit at the moment.
I am asking for some feedback from you to voice what you need from the CThA and also from your local and regional coordinators to enable us to meet your expectations and needs.

Previously, when asked I usually get feedback such as business support, professional support and networking opportunities, with a social aspect. However, unless events are well attended it is not viable to invite guests, arrange activities and book rooms. An end of year meeting would be good to celebrate the year that was, reflect on all that wasn't and how next year might look. If you are interested in meeting your fellow members please send an e mail to; liz.farrow.cpt@btinternet.com For the time being I have some support in the office and I wish to thank Jade-marie for all her help.
Best wishes to you all

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Greater Manchester/South Cheshire