Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Deborah Pearce, Dec 15 2012 9:37PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Can anyone recommend a venue to run a course in Cheltenham?

Hi

We'd like to run a half-day course in Cheltenham on Sunday 15th September 2013. Does anyone know of a suitable venue for around 30 delegates please?

Many thanks

Debbie
Barbara Fletcher
Apr 6 2013 9:18AM
Hi Debbie, What are you looking for from the venue - just seating, room for treatment tables etc? There are lots of hotels around Cheltenham and Glos or are you looking for something else? Is car-parking & easy access important or the city centre so people can bus or train?
Barbara
Deborah Pearce
Apr 6 2013 1:52PM
Hi Barbara

Thanks for your response. We'd like a room that will sit 20 people theatre style plus sufficient space to run a PowerPoint presentation. We'll bring our own projector and screen.

Needs to be easy to find with nearby parking. We'd like to offer tea, coffee & biscuits to delegates too.

If you know of anything that might fit the bill, we'd be delighted to hear from you.

Many thanks

Debbie

Barbara Fletcher
Apr 6 2013 4:04PM
Hi Debbie,
well I'd suggest being in the town centre - it has parking (tho it might be chargeable even on a Sunday), good parks, shops and cafes for lunch.
So, the Isbourne Centre www.isbourne.org (who do talks and classes with a slightly alternative feel) or maybe St Andrews Church http://www.urcic.org.uk/standrewsURC.php (they do classes & yoga but might be busy on Sundays!); and as a hotel you can't beat The Queens for location http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6632-mercure-cheltenham-queen-s/index.shtml but it probably won't be cheap.
I've never tried to hire a place so I can't advise you on price only as a local resident and customer!
Hope that helps, Barbara
Deborah Pearce
Apr 7 2013 8:32PM
Fantastic - thanks so much!

We'll investigate the venues you've suggested.

Very much appreciated. :)

Debbie

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Central Worcestershire