Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Suan-Lee Clynick, Jan 8 2013 4:06PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Re:CN London Group Meeting: Sunday, 20th Jan 2013, 3-5 pm. Thai Foot Massage by Francesca Crocetta

Dear Therapists,

To paint or not to paint your toe nails? Your choice entirely but do bring your feet to our next meeting and enjoy the luxury of pampering them.

This is a very practical workshop. I hope you will finish the session with add on skills, learning through giving and receiving. Francesca is preparing a fact sheet and we will be treating BOTH feet. Bliss!

We will be starting promptly at 3 pm to make use of the full 2 hours so do please come early.

DATE: Sunday, 20th January 2013
TIME: 3 – 5 pm
VENUE: Maida Centre
221 Lanark Road
London W9 1NX
(nearest tube station: Maida Vale Station, Bakerloo Line
Buses: 16, 98, 332 – Elgin Avenue/ Maida Vale Station Stop)
Parking is free.

TOPIC: Thai Foot Massage
SPEAKER: Francesca Crocetta

Francesca:
Originally qualifying as a reflexologist, I went on to qualify in swedish massage. Having travelled to Thailand on various occasions I went on to train at the Wat Po medical school, Bangkok, in Thai Foot Reflexology. After careful research I chose the Jing Institute of Advanced Massage for more post graduate training. I have always had great interest in anatomy and medicine in general, I had been in the St. John's Ambulance Service, reaching Cadet Officer. Our base was within the Whittington Hospital - a major teaching hospital - where I spent 4 years in A&E, also nursing on various wards. I have trained in advanced Clinical massage, Myofascial Release, Hot Stone Fusion, Advanced stretching; everything that allows me to treat acute and chronic problems from frozen shoulder to fibromyalgia, all types of soft tissue injuries and it's rehabilitation. I have a special interest in stroke victims but I find I enjoy working on the lower limbs. The future? I would like to train in acupunture, also have a certificate for cancer massage.

Thai Foot Reflexology:
More known as Thai Foot Massage this treatment is an extensive workout for the foot and lower leg. The foot is worked with different strokes to break down all the fluid retention. The strokes then work around the ankle and up the tibia and the calf muscles and up to and including the knee. Treatment is finished using a traditional stick on certain reflex points. This is an excellent treatment for all fluid retention problems, but also a very relaxing treatment, with only two contraindications :- Not for six weeks after major surgery and not for cancer patients undergoing treatment. This is a powerful treatment on the lymphatic system.

Please bring 1 or 2 thin hand towels, foot or hand lotion or E45 cream, carrier oil, a small disk or bowl to hold the mixed oil & lotion.

(PLEASE NOTE: There is a small contribution of £3 to cover the costs of room hire and refreshments)

Please RSVP by text, e-mail, or posting on this forum

With warmest regards,

Suan
Mob: 07811780622
e-mail: central-and-north-london@chta.com
CThA Co-ordinator for Central & North London Group
Hilary Salt
Jan 10 2013 5:39PM
I would like to know if everyone will have a massage partner and if you are likely to get sufficient number of people for everyone to take part.
Suan-Lee Clynick
Jan 10 2013 6:15PM
Hi Hilary,
You need not bring a massage partner as we usually have enough members attending to partner up. Please let me know if you are coming to the meeting. Thank you.
Warm regards, Suan

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Harrow Uxbridge Middlesex Networking Hub