Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Shirley Ann Nelson, Mar 6 2013 9:33PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

2013 Schedule

G'Day Friends & Members

Firstly, Matt & myself would like to thank everyone for your loving condolences...We especially appreciate all who respected our wishes of not contacting us personally. Its been a difficult few months & also even more difficult dealing with the occassional intrusive call on the weekend & or insensitive comment...Our grief has been further compounded by the death of my aunt to cancer last month...

To share: my new hairdresser said while doing my hair in January

" how was my holiday with my mother in law?"

"It was her funeral & it was very emotional!"

But to say the least, we are soldiering on...enough said, lets get down to business...

Times are tougher than ever, and now that we are competing with not only other luxury items but NON luxury items. We have to be even more creative with our marketing...

"How to make your Marketing £ work harder to create more potential clients?" ...Based on my last 8years in Harrogate doing charity work, my potential client list exceeds the hundreds. It includes women from all walks of life in our local Harrogate & Nth Leeds areas...My interest is benevolent, which lies in sharing & marrying my potential clients with potential therapists...

So in late Sept, my proposal is to hold a networking meeting to do exactly that, if interested you need to supply me with a marketing blurb(paragraph in length) selling your services & your USP(Unique Selling Position)...A date will be in the 2013 schedule, out next week.

Included is the business directory...if you have any exceptional business recommendations or if you are holding any workshops, courses etc please email me with the details by Thursday 14th March...

Secondly, putting on the finishing touches to 2013 schedule...which will be out Friday of next week...Its agreed by all the attending members, we would not hold meetings during winter months as the weather & snow is too unpredictable...So our first meeting is...Meridians...

So, back by popular demand is Meridians: Gall Bladder on Monday April 29th. More details to follow. And as we are still self funding, venue is my home 34 St Mary's Walk Harrogate HG2 0LS 6:30pm-8:30pm. Just a reminder...Our CThA insurance fortunately covers us...hence we are covered anywhere we practice, within reason, ie your home therapy practice, charity events, fayres etc...

If you have any queries or wish to book, please leave a message on my landline during the day Monday-Friday, ShirleyAnn Nelson 01423 564 781. My landline is checked regularly, any messages will be returned asap, please leave a time & number in which you'd like to be called back...(please unless its an emergency, if you would not call evenings & weekends, when it is our family time)...Thank you, we appreciate your consideration.

This is my 7th year volunteering as the Harrogate & North Leeds CThA Coordinator, & Susan Walker's, 10th ? year as our Treasurer. Susan & myself have put together a survey for everyone's input on the lectures they are interested in & any comments about past lectures. This will also be included in next week's mailout. If you would please print off, fill-in & return it by mid May.

Looking forward to a fruitful year for all of us...

ShirleyAnn Nelson

Volunteer Co-ordinator

CThA Harrogate & Nth Leeds
Ruth Eagin
Mar 15 2013 10:34AM
Hi ShirleyAnn,

Great to read your news and see you back in the seat again.

It would be good to catch up sometime and I would be interested in the networking event in September and also in the meridian workshop in April.

Yes, I agree with you that we are all having to market ourselves so much more these days, which does not come easy to many therapists who are not from marketing or selling backgrounds and unless we can pay for help to 'raise our web profiles' and be more visible in other marketing areas, it is easy to become left behind.

Perhaps it would be best to speak with Sylvia (Sylvia Brearley School) with regards to course dates etc for the months ahead. I notice you had a deadline of yesterday for some items but as people are not as willing to plan so far ahead due to the economic situation and financial insecurities, perhaps there may still be opportunities for later course additions?

I hope things are good with you and that we can all soon be looking forward to positive new things this Springtime!

Best wishes,
Ruth Eagin

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Harrogate/North Leeds