Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Dhanu Kara, Oct 7 2013 1:08AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

CThA Harrow, Middlesex & Uxbridge meetings - Brogdale Farm Trip, 19th Oct and Art Therapy, 3rd Nov

Hi
I hope you had a wonderful summer and got enough sunshine to last you through the winter!
First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to Harish Chavda for a very informative last meeting on The Art of Eating and it isn’t always what we eat but how we eat.
Our next meeting is on Sat, 19th Oct – Trip to Brogdale Farm - Apple Festival - Based in the heart of Kent, Brogdale is a living gene bank of over 4,000 varieties of apples, pears, plums, cherries, cobnuts, currants and quinces and the Biggest & Best collection of fruit trees in the world! Over 300 varieties of apples - some that taste like pineapples and melons will be just some of the surprises. There will be a tour of the orchard and over 200 varieties of apples and pears to taste!!
So come and join us!
TRAVEL: You can make your way by public transport (free shuttle from/to Faversham station all day) OR car/petrol share from Buckingham College School, HA1 1SH at 8am (please state if you want to drive or be a passenger).
Postcode to Google: Faversham ME13 8XZ. Discounted entrance: £7 to £8 depending on numbers - for the day, plus travel costs. http://www.applefestivalkent.co.uk/p/getting-here.html
Please let me know if you are coming by Sun, 13th Oct, so I can organise travel and discounted tickets – if you are not on my list, you will pay the normal rate entrance fee.
************************************************************************************************
CTHA Harrow, Middlesex & Uxbridge therapist group meeting
Our last meeting of this year will be with nibbles/drinks on 3rd November, on Art Therapy – Picture making with Alex Chew.
‘Body Image Making as an adjunct in Complementary Therapy Practice.
The use of body image drawings as a tool to assess, plan and evaluate our interventions, as well as insights into our inner self.’

Alex’s consultancy experience includes organisational development activities ranging from the setting up and facilitation of staff support groups, clinical supervision groups, team building, critical incident debriefing, conflict mediation and resolution, to the identification of staff training needs and provision of professional development training. Currently supervises students, newly qualified and experienced drama therapists, play therapists and other arts therapists and counsellors working in variety of clinical settings as a freelance consultant drama therapy/counselling supervisor, both face to face and online within UK and internationally.
He has a huge list of credentials including: Registered Mental Health Nurse, MA Counselling, PG Dip in Dramatherapy), Tutor, Approved Supervisor for Play and Creative Arts Therapy, ITEC tutor etc.
More information: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-chew/3/b32/610
DATE: Sunday, 3rd November 2013
TIME 6:00pm to 8:00pm
VENUE: Buckingham College School, Hindes Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1SH
COST: £4.00 for each meeting - to cover the costs of hall hire and refreshments
*****************************************************************************************************
The CThA meetings are for your benefit, to enhance your skills (each meeting is worth 2 CPDs) and a chance to network with like-minded people with a common goal of health and well-being for you and your clients. If there is a therapy you would like to know more about, let me know and I will try to organise a session. Your feedback is important, so participate!
2014 meetings will include: Importance of Clinical Supervision for your Therapy Practice, Sound Therapy with Tibetan Bowls, Neuroreflexology etc. Check the CThA Forum and please ensure we have your correct e-mail.
Anyone with an interest in improving their Health and Well-being is welcome, so feel free to ask anyone you think may be interested.

Please e-mail me:dkara_stresstherapies@hotmail.co.uk, if you want to attend any of the above.
I look forward to seeing you.
Warm Regards

Dhanu Kara
- CThA Co-ordinator for
Harrow, Middlesex & Uxbridge therapist group
Andrea Cizmarova
Oct 10 2013 12:15PM
HELLO,MY NAME IS ANDREA,,IAM USEING THIS SITE FIRT TIME..AND WOULD LIKE TO GO ON SUNDAY WITH YOU,
AND THE THERAPIST TO TO FRUIT FARM.PLEASE CAN U COMUNICATE WITH ME TROUGHT MU MOBILE MY NUMBER IS
I LIVE AT SH,,ELEFANT A CASTLE..
WIIL BE NICE TO JOIN YOU AND KNOW NEW PEOLE AND HAVE NICE TIME,,THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Dhanu Kara
Oct 13 2013 12:19PM
Hi Andrea,
The Brogdale Apple Festival is on SATURDAY, 19th October, NOT on Sunday. If you would still like come, we will be meeting at Buckingham College School at 8am, then car sharing. Let me know if you want to be a passenger or driver on 07773 716205 asap. If you would prefer to make your own way, all the details are above.
Kind Regards
Dhanu
Andrea Cizmarova
Oct 19 2013 3:45AM
oh,,I totaly forgot about it,,just got ur message on my tel...18.10,i do have cold..and worked on and of,tonight just did night shift,,and come home yet 3.30am..cant do it...must sleep..Iam very sorry enjoy ur day,,next time,,,big hug Andrea
Andrea Cizmarova
Oct 19 2013 3:50AM
oh,,I totaly forgot about it,,just got ur message on my tel...18.10,i do have cold..and worked on and of,tonight just did night shift,,and come home yet 3.30am..cant do it...must sleep..Iam very sorry enjoy ur day,,next time,,,big hug Andrea

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Central and North London Networking Hub