Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Angela Rawlins, Apr 9 2015 11:03AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

GROUP MEET UP

Dear Members

It has been a long time since we met as a group, this was due to lack of interest in regular meetings. I have had a request by a renewed member about a meeting, so I thought that I would canvas you all to see if some would like to meet up.

I live near Wokingham, Berks, so a meeting would be close to where I live. I need to know are you interested, day or evening, and then need to see numbers and consider a venue.

Could you please pos your wishes

Thank you

Angela Rawlins
Co-ordinator
Lisa Woodruff
Apr 9 2015 11:17AM
I would love to be part of a local group. The nearest to Surrey is Bromley and as much as I would like to attend, working hours do restrict me brings able to attend. It would be great to have speakers such as they do and share practise knowledge etc so count me in. I live in Bagshot but Wokingham is not far.
Clare Anning
Apr 9 2015 11:34AM
I'm new to this, but would be very interested in meeting up. I live in Woking so Bagshot way would be good for me too! :)
Clare
Angela Rawlins
Apr 9 2015 11:35AM
Hi Lisa

Thank you for replying:)) I am hoping that there may be more people reading these posts
Claire D'Cruz
Apr 9 2015 1:12PM
Angela I live in Bracknell and would be interested in local meetings. Happy to meet in Wokingham.
Claire
Anne Parry
Apr 10 2015 10:43AM
Hi Angela
I used to come along to the meetings when I could, but have commitments every Wednesday, every other Thursday, some Tuesdays..... so in practice managed to make only some meetings - (I'm sure other people are the same).So I would always feel guilty that you had put in work to organise the events, only to have them poorly attended. Still, I would really love to see the group start again, and would try to support meetings if I could. Having contact with other therapists and learning from speakers is invaluable. Here's hoping you get enough interest,
Sunny Smiles
Anne
Carolyn Potter
Apr 12 2015 5:33PM
Hi Angela,
I would like to come along too. As you know I am in Crowthorne. Availability is always a problem as many of us work or teach in the evenings. it might be worthwhile considering possibly a day time meeting? What do you think?
Carolyn
Lisa Woodruff
Apr 12 2015 7:55PM
I can do Mondays and Fridays during the day! Count me in!
Clare Anning
Apr 12 2015 8:05PM
I can't do during the day unless its school hols sadly :(
Angela Rawlins
Apr 13 2015 4:27PM
HI

Well, there are only a few of us so far. I'm wondering if Bracknell might be the easiest place to meet up. I don't know a good place, do you Anne?

It really depends on how many people are interested in a regular meet up and what sort of content. This is the second message I've posted and the other was not replied to:( Why?
I don't think the group meetings can be like the previous ones due to numbers and commitment. I no longer have a venue, it used to be The Macmillan centre, which was ideal in accommodation, parking etc.

Is it possible for those who have children to come when at school or nursery?

Does anyone have a friend or two who are CThA members, who might not have seen the post?

I am away for a week at the end of this week. If you could let me know meanwhile if day, evening or morning coffee is possible, then can get on to planning a meeting:))

Namaste

Angela
Lisa Woodruff
Apr 13 2015 5:56PM
Hi Angela! I am free Mondays and Fridays most times but evenings only the rest of the week. I would be happy to come over to Bracknell but don't know the area to suggest a venue. I will contact my old school and see if any of previous students/tutor or current ones would like to attend too. Please keep me posted. Lisa x
Clare Anning
Apr 13 2015 6:43PM
I haven't started up my business yet (I'm procrastinating!!)& work full time (in a school) so evenings are good, & if everyone agrees with Bracknell then that's fine with me, I need lots of advice! :)
Josephine Darling
Apr 16 2015 4:18PM
Hi Angela
I have recently moved to Bracknell from Uxbridge and would like to join the local group for meetings.
Josephine Darling
Claire D'Cruz
Apr 29 2015 6:57PM
Hi Angela,
I could do most days(daytime) except Tuesdays.

With regards to venues could I suggest looking at the council website for community centre venues as I think they would be reasonably priced. I suppose the choice of venue would depend on numbers and the agenda. If we are a small group meeting for an informal chat perhaps a coffee shop in town would be an idea. What do you think?
Angela Rawlins
Apr 29 2015 8:32PM
Hi Clare

I had decided that perhaps a visit to a cafe or pub perhaps. There aren't many people. The council venue would be too expensive if Wokingham's are anything to go by. I used to have the MacMillan centre in Wokingham for a nominal donation, but let that go due to attendance difficulties. The meetings used to be once per month, but at the moment, I'm thinking of just a tea and chat thing.
Claire D'Cruz
Apr 29 2015 9:13PM
Angela,
A café or pub sounds good. Waterstones in town has a café, as does Bentalls.
Best wishes
Claire
Josephine Darling
Apr 30 2015 10:32AM
Hiya Angela

Yes, I think a meeting in a cafe would be a good idea. There is a cafe in Bentalls ( that's if you mean Bracknell), and also a Costa in the High Street just a couple of doors along from Bentalls. There are also a couple of cafes - Cafe Nero and Costa I think, in Wokingham if this is more convenient.
I also am away next week - until 11th May, but free after that. Anyway, let me know what you decide.

Thanks

Josephine
Lisa Woodruff
Apr 30 2015 9:20PM
Just wanted to say I'm still keen so happy to meet anywhere you girls know.
Carolyn Potter
May 4 2015 9:23AM
I can accommodate up to 8 people in my therapy room in Crowthorne which is only a couple of miles from Bracknell. You are welcome to come to me if you like till we find an alternative venue. It might be easier to talk if we don't have to worry about the general public listening in.
Carolyn
Josephine Darling
May 5 2015 5:33PM
I am happy to come to Crowthorne if that's what you all decide.

Josephine
Angela Rawlins
May 5 2015 6:11PM
Ok everyone,

Monday or Friday afternoon?

We can either meet at Carolyn's in Crowthorne or mine in Finchampstead OR I'd thought of cafe at Longacres Bagshot?
Lisa Woodruff
May 5 2015 7:26PM
Mondays are prob better with me as need to get kids Fri afternoon. And I'm happy to travel anywhere. Well done all for getting this sorted. I think having a more private place to meet is better at first as sometimes coffee shops can be a bit noisy?
Clare Anning
May 5 2015 7:47PM
would like to join you but, unless its during half term hol's, I can't do during the day.
Claire D'Cruz
May 5 2015 8:20PM

Angela thanks for co-ordinating. I'd prefer Monday - happy to travel to Crowthorne or Finchhamstead.
Best wishes
Claire
Carolyn Potter
May 5 2015 8:24PM
I can do the Monday of Half Term which is the 25th May, or 15th or 22nd June

Long acres is also fine for me. Just happy to go along with whatever you all want.
Angela Rawlins
May 5 2015 9:40PM
Ok, I'll check my diary for 25th May
Angela Rawlins
May 12 2015 6:49PM
Hi All

The 25th May is a public holiday. I thought Tuesday 26th May at 2.30pm at Long acres cafe.

Could you please let me know asap who can attend

Thanks

Angela

Carolyn Potter
May 12 2015 7:10PM
Yes Can do Tuesday 26th at Longacres at 2.30
Anne Parry
May 12 2015 7:38PM
I can be there till about 3.15 :-)
Lisa Woodruff
May 12 2015 8:42PM
Yes I can make it!
Claire D'Cruz
May 12 2015 11:25PM
Angela, yes I can make it.
Claire
Josephine Darling
May 13 2015 9:50AM
So sorry - I can't make the afternoon of that day. The morning would have been ok. Never mind, I'll catch up with the next meet up.

Josephine
Angela Rawlins
May 13 2015 6:15PM
Ok. I'll see you there 😊

Sorry you can't make it Josephine:(

Regards

Angela
Clare Anning
May 18 2015 7:38AM
Count me in! :-)
Have googled Longacres, just want to make sure its the same one - Garden Centre in Bagshot?
Clare
Angela Rawlins
May 18 2015 4:00PM
Yes Claire :)

I'll be in the 'Amore' cafe, I'll try sit or hover towards the back.

Look forward to seeing you all

Regards

Angela

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Three Counties Border (Berks/Hants/Surrey)