Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Henry Watson, Jan 28 2016 9:45AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Opportunity to Volunteer for a Worthy Cause

May I wish a very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year to my colleagues in Surrey.

For some years I have offered a half-day a week as a complementary therapist in the Fountain Centre << http://www.fountaincentre.org/ >>.

This is a charity which operates within the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford offering a very wide variety of support to patients (and their carers) who are being treated in the hospital for cancer or other serious or long-term illnesses.

With expansion of the therapy services being offered, there are a few vacancies for therapists who wish to volunteer their time and skills in such a worthy cause. As we treat ill or stressed men and women this is probably best suited to well qualified therapists with a few years of experience. We work to strict protocols and the hospital is happy for us to work in the wards, and indeed we have sometimes been invited to work in the intensive care unit too.

I know that the time I spend working in the Fountain Centre is the most fulfilling and worthwhile part of my practice. if you wish to know more, please visit the web site I have referenced or make contact with Charlotte McDowell << cmcdowell@nhs.net >>

Henry Watson

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Guildford Networking Hub