Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Henry Watson, Nov 5 2016 2:05PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

I am a masseur and aromatherapist in the near the centre of Guildford. Is there anybody else in the area that would wish to meet, talk about treatments, successes, challenges; and maybe swap treatments?
Miranda Funnell
Nov 6 2016 7:45AM
Hi Henry,

I'm based in Crowthorne, Berkshire, but I would love to meet up for a coffee in Guildford. It would be nice to meet to chat about treatments, experiences etc. I'm free most Mondays and Thursdays daytime. Let me know when you're free.

Many thanks,

Henry Watson
Nov 6 2016 10:31AM
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Miranda.
As I am off on holiday for the last fortnight of this month, and December gets busy; how about this Thursday (10 November) in Guildford either 1030 or 1430, whichever suits you best?
I would be happy for anybody else on this forum to join us, too.
all best
Penelope Quaile-Pearce
Nov 6 2016 11:05AM
Hi Henry, Miranda.

I would like to extend an invitation to the CThA local group and keep you informed of the exciting program of talks, seminars and network opportunities we have available from November 2016 onwards 1st meeting on November 17th 2016.

The venue at present is The Holiday Inn, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XZ

All events start at 6.30pm and finish at 9.45pm cost £10 for members of CThA, £15 for non-members.

However, I will be in reception by 6pm having a latte!!

Please remember to bring along your business cards and leaflets for networking purposes.
My mobile number is 07951 873732. However, it is a business phone and will only be switch on during business hours. If you have any queries, please text rather than phone. Thank-you

I welcome feedback and would love to hear your thoughts and wishes for this group please email me at

Hope you can make it

Take Care

Henry Watson
Nov 6 2016 1:03PM
Thanks for that information, Pennie.
However, at that time on the 17th I'll be enjoying some tasty seafood on the lovely island of Fuerteventura - I'll think of you.
December gets busy; so, if there as anything planned in the New Year I would appreciate knowing about it - information about these events in the Holiday Inn seems somehow to have passed me by - I have been hearing about things in Harrow, so perhaps the CThA don't know where I live!
Henry Watson
Nov 7 2016 3:26PM
Hi again,
I now have a customer at 3 pm on Thursday so any coffee meeting will have to END by 1430. I remain available up to that time anywhere within easy reach of central Guildford.
sorry to mess around but "the Customer is King/Queen"!
Julia Godsiff
Nov 8 2016 8:03PM
Hi Henry, Miranda and Pennie

I would love to meet up with a few of you as well. I live in Crowthorne too Miranda. I may be able to get to Guildford sometimes Henry, it just depends on how much time I've got that day.

Pennie I would love to come along next Thursday, I'll text you tomorrow to confirm if I'm free and can make it.

Henry Watson
Nov 9 2016 10:18AM
I'll look forward to hearing if a meet can be achieved tomorrow (10/11)
Julia Godsiff
Nov 9 2016 4:05PM
Hi Henry,
Unfortunately I can't make tomorrow, shame.
Hopefully next time
Miranda Funnell
Nov 9 2016 4:14PM
Hi Henry and Julia,

Unfortunately I can't meet you tomorrow in Guildford as I now have a client at 11am. What do your diaries look like for next week?

Julia, maybe a coffee in Costa down the high street one day?

Miranda x
Henry Watson
Nov 9 2016 4:18PM
I am off to lovely Fuerteventura for a fortnight, returning on the third of December.
If there are any good opportunities soon after that, please count me in ! Otherwise, I guess it will have to be in the New Year.
07974 118278
Julia Godsiff
Nov 11 2016 8:47AM
Have a lovely holiday Henry !

We can do another one after or in the New Year.

But meantime Miranda I would love to meet up next week. Costa would be perfect!
Just text me and we can arrange it. And Henry I've made a note of your mobile too:-)

07581 435214

Julia xx
Julia Godsiff
Nov 15 2016 3:54PM
My number is 07581 434214 not the one I posted previously!
Henry Watson
Jul 11 2017 12:54PM
Is anything arranged for this area in the next few months ?
Julia Godsiff
Jul 11 2017 10:26PM
Hi Henry
Not as far as I know. But I'm happy to meet up if you and/or anyone else would like to.
Julia Godsiff
Jul 31 2017 10:22AM
Hi All

Friday 15th September 11am Venue Guildford G-Live (see link below)

This is a suggested date and time for a meet up if anyone would like to come along. Just an informal coffee, chat, catchup, networking etc. It would be lovely to see some of you.

If this date is not possible we are happy to look at alternative dates and/or venues depending on who would like to come along.

Look forward and hope to hear from some of you. Meanwhile hope you are all having a nice summer.

07581 434214

Rosemary Pharo
Jan 20 2018 11:09AM
not free but very interesting

Autoimmune Diseases

Come & learn what they are & their nutritional management

Presented by Chris Astill-Smith D.O., Diplomate I.C.A.K.
And Gill Farr BA, MBA, Dip ASK

Saturday 17th February - Aztec Hotel Bristol
Saturday 10th March - Arora Hotel Crawley (nr Gatwick)
(click the date for direct link to website to book)

In Autoimmune disorders, the body's defences , the immune system, wrongly attacks part of the body.

Some kind of trigger makes the immune system produce antibodies that mistakenly attack body tissue.

Treatments for autoimmune disorders often involve "turning down" the immune system activity. Come and learn how to do this with nutrition.

Examples of autoimmune diseases include: Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus, Inflammatory bowel disease, Type 1 Diabetes, Multiple sclerosis, Psoriasis, Graves disease.

The Seminar is free of charge to all our Platinum Practitioners

This seminar will run from 10am to 5:30pm - Registration from 9:30am.

The price of £60 inclusive of VAT, Teas and Coffees and Course notes.

CPD points are available for all our seminars.

This seminar is free of Charge to all our ever growing number of Platinum Practitioners

Free downloads of previous seminars

If you have missed any of the previous Epigenetics Ltd seminars - they are available on DVD or CD
or free of charge video download

All the delegate handouts from the previous seminars Chris has presented this year are available free of charge from the Practitioner Information section on our website

simply ingenious

Henry Watson
Jan 20 2018 11:46AM
Thank you for that information, Rosemary.
£ 60 is quite economical for a whole-day briefing - however I don't think the topic fits too well with my current scope of practise (massage in all of its forms).cheers

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Guildford Networking Hub