Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Chris Plumtree (Web Administrator), Sep 19 2008 5:01PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Newsletter and next meeting details

Hello,

Our last meeting was an anti-ageing evening. Anita very kindly demonstrated a mini eye lift, a facial and everybody had the opportunity to had a hand mask. I am sure we all felt better for the experience. On the night Anita sold raffle tickets in aid of St Wilfreds Hospice, and although i have to say none of us wom anything!!! but our contributions helped Anita to raise a grand sum of £322.77. Well done Anita for all you hard work.

I thought to make this newsletter a reminder of why we have the local group.

The Complementary Therapists Association, along with Embody, which is the public face of the association, is to support its members, so a netowrk of local groups have been set up. Our aims are simple:
1.To support our members.
2.To promote our members.
3.To start small and build on our success.
4.To have FUN!

Co-ordinators have volunteered to be the facilitator or focal point for their local area members. There is no set formula so each group is free to develop differently at their own pave and direction according to members' needs. So any meetings, get togethers, events etc. are planned and arranged by the group.

Past topics have included Pain Management, Tragerwork, Drumming Healing, Massage in Pregnancy, Hopi Ear Candling, a talk on Parkinson's, Injury prevention massage, First Aid, Pilates, Spiritualism, Meditation, Stress Management, Thai Massage, Treatment Swaps, Aromatherapy Oils, Bach Flower Remedies an A.C.E talk, a Complementary and Alternative Medicine regulation talk, Reflexology, Using Thai points in foot and hand massage, a talk and demonstration on Soft Tissue Release, Nueromuscular and Muscle Energy techniques, Seated back massage, a talk on past methods and demonstration of current C.P.R skills, a Clairvoyant and an anti-ageing evening.

It is an excellent way to achieve Continuous Professsional Development (CPD) Credits, if you need these for any employment or association requirements and to find out about other therapies and indeed being "hands on" and interactive in an informal way, so you can get a "feel" should you wish to pursue a therapy further, as the meetings are to broaden your outlook and knowledge.

We are also encouraged to open any meetings to all therapists in our area, regardless of whether they belong to the Complementary Therapists Association, other groups or are not yet fully qualified or are non-therapists interested in the field of Complementary Therapy.

Local groups will be successful and exciting with the support and enthusiasm of local members, so i do hope you can come along to our meetings.

We hold meetings on a regular basis and if your would like to bring a friend, that's fine. A small contribution of £4 per person is asked to cover the cost of the evening.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas or even if you would like to give a talk or demopnstration in your chosen field would be much appreciated, please telephone me and let me know.

NEXT MEETING

I have been unable to secure a speaker for the next meeting, so if anybody would like to participate in a Therapy swap during September and maybe October, please let me know. I can offer facilities for six people i.e. one chaire and two couches so the dates could be 21st and 28th Septembers and maybe the 5th October. Do try to come along it is an opportunity to meet people in a friendly enviroment and to have an enjoyable evening. I'll look forward to seeing you.

This will be the last meeting of the group for this year. Meetings will resume in February or March 2009 and i shall be starting a new mailing list. If you wish to be on this list to be kept informed of the meetings, i would appreciate if you send me your name and address and a little book (12) 2nd class Postage stamps to cover the yearly cost.

Thank you,

Best Wishes,

Lynn

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Eastbourne Networking Hub