Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Elizabeth Farrow, Nov 28 2010 6:18PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Greater Manchester South Manchester & Cheshire local group meeting 29th November 2010

Hello,
Unfortunately the meeting arranged for Monday 29th November 2010 will be cancelled.
Some pro-active members have contacted me and sent apologies for not being able to attend this time. As the members concerned are those who would normally attend and support our meetings the Co-ordinator felt that the meeting should be cancelled on this occasion.
This meeting would have been the last meeting of this year and the meeting would have focused on the work of the Continuing professional development seminars currently available throughout Uk and Ireland. In addition to this the chairperson, local and Regional co-ordinator Elizabeth Farrow wanted to explore how our meetings could develop in the New Year.
The feedback received from members recently has been that members appreciate the regular meetings, which provide an opportunity to network with like minded professionals. The closed meetings for members provide an opportunity to explore current issues to see how the C Th A can support practitioners in practice.
We had an arrangement to utilise the Cafe bar at Altrinham Leisure Centre at a reduced cost. Numbers attending fluctuated enormousy, making it difficult to provide speakers, refreshments, suitable accomotdation and provide presentations. The promotion and advertising of these events were solely reliant on the C Th A website and Elizabeth Farrow distributing the magazines and information about the meetings within the local community. In the New Year this format will be revised.
In the New year we hope to join forces with a local Marketing and small business Guru who will help us develop some ideas and networking opportunities. These events will be advertised on FACEBOOK under South Manchester and Cheshire C Th A Group. In future the events will be costed to allow for suitable accomodation, guest speakers and refreshments. Official meetings following on from these events will ONLY proceed if sufficient C Th A members are in attendance and if sufficient non members book a place to network with other like minded professionals.
May I take this opportunity in wishing you all a very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year. Should you wish to express your opinions please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have any ideas or wish to become more active in suporting the local groups please let me know. I currently have a vacancy for help with the local group. If you are interested please let me know so that I can meet with you to discuss further. This opportunity will provide any interested person with FREE C Th A membership.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY PEACEFUL NEW YEAR.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Greater Manchester/South Cheshire