Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Elizabeth Farrow, Jan 30 2011 1:37AM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Local Groups and networking opportunities in Greater Manchester

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!! - I hope it is a good one for you all.

Thank you to everyone who supported the local events held throughout 2010 your attendance, feedback and contributions are valued and have been gratefully received.

Members requested that we meet at Altrincham Leisure Centre on a Monday evening as it was considered an accessible venue. Members requested that we arrange to meet reguarly on a Monday evening, which appeared to suit most wishing to attend. Members voiced their opinions in how the group should develop, which has been taken on board.

2011 IS WHEN IT ALL CHANGES;
My aim this year is to develop and expand the groups
After careful consideration and research it appears that members live throughout the North West which is a vast area.
It is obvious that many will be unable to attend our local group meetings if they are always based in Altrincham.
Those in practice struggle to commit to the groups as if and when work arises then this may take precedence over attending a meeting.
Those no longer in practice or working minimum fragmented hours are not committed to attending because they do not value the CPD points gained through attendance.
Being the local and Regional Co-ordinator I am unable to spread myself thinly enough to cover both these roles over such a wide area.

I propose to recruit new local co-ordinators who are willing to run groups local to them with support and guidance from me. This will enable me to visit the groups on a regular basis providing help, information and advice.

In Altrincham I will continue to offer the following;

Monthly networking meetings aimed at generating cross referrals and provide information and support
Join us on face book under the Colorpurple listing
Drop in clinics available for professional advice and guidance on a one to one basis
Quarterly meetings for members of the Complementary Therapy Association
Regular supervision for practitioners

Future events will be held at Precious Health in Hale Village The Old Hall Stockport Road Altrincham and the George & Dragon Hotel on Church Street/Chester Road Altrincham and other locations in the area.
The events will be announced on face book and the Complementary Therapy Association forum. In addition to this e mails will be sent to those whose details are held by the C Th A.
A decision has been made to select suitable dates and announce to members shortly.
Reluctantly I have to charge for future events as it is no longer viable to provide accommodation and refreshments FREE of charge. I know in this difficult economic times you will understand.

THE COST OF THIS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS;
Regular networking meetings £5.00 to members £6.50 to non members
The cost of a table at these events to promote your work is £5.00
If you provide a talk or presentation the event is FREE

Quarterly meetings £5.00 members ONLY

Drop in clinics (one to one) £10 members and £20 to non members

Supervision one to one or small groups £35 to members £45 to non members.

These costs should cover the cost of our accommodation Refreshments will be available for you to purchase.

We will aim to have a Christmas event; the cost of this will be discussed nearer the time.
If anyone knows of any venues that we can utilise FREE of charge or in exchange for buying refreshments then I want to hear from you.

Contact liz.farrow.cpt@btinernet.com for more information.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Greater Manchester/South Cheshire