Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Giuseppe Tomaselli, Mar 16 2011 9:27PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Minutes of North Kent and South East London held on the 4th of March 2011

This is just a brief note to inform the unfortunate members unable to attend our last meeting, what we discussed.

First of all, I would like to thank Chantal Fabrice for her informative and very well received talk. All the members I spoke to found it very interesting and some whished we had had more time to go into more details especially about the colour light therapy. I would also like to thank all the members who attended the event and those, although unable to come, contacted me to let me know.

We exchanged ideas on how to improve our customer base and what kinds of tools were available and which were considered more effective. Also, how to ‘encourage’ your existing customers to find new clients for you.

We than discussed the idea of holding a charity Try A Therapy. I will be enquiring, with the local press, about the possibility of various articles publicising the events. The idea is to hold various events all at the same time in various areas within the North Kent and South East London Area.

I will also be contacting various venues to check for availability and their willingness to supply their premises for free.

The next meeting will have two speakers.

Lesley Woollard
will be talking about a very popular therapy, Aromatherapy, which is growing in popularity especially now that people need to de-stress and want to do it in a more natural way. I have found that even when I treat my sport clients, they are affected by the smell of the balm or wax I use. Therefore, I for one, I would be interested in learning more about the way aromas affect the human body and mind. She will also be talking about different ways to use essential oils which does not involve putting them onto the skin. A small amount of essential oils will be available for everyone to try the different aromas (only safe oils will be used). Lesley also teaches this subject so no better person to present it. She will be able to answer any questions on the ITEC Level 3 Diploma which starts in September. This course would be useful to therapists in all areas of holistic treatment as essential oils are versatile and can be used in many different ways and for many different things.

Terie Hopkins
will be giving a talk on how to assess an injured client prior to treatment and therefore give a suitable more individual massage treatment to meet the clients needs. This is very useful not just for newly qualified massage therapist but also for anybody already practicing as we sometime forget elements of what we learned during our training and also for those who want to go on to learn more advance techniques and therapies. Terie has many years experience in sport and remedial massage and she is also a very successful teacher.

I will inform you of the venue and date of our next meeting as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Giuseppe Tomaselli
Area Coordinator
North Kent and South East London
Carole Anne Green
Mar 16 2011 10:30PM
Hi Guiseppe,

I found meeting quite fascinating and very relaxing and worthwhile, and will be attending next meeting, as I would like to find out more about Aromatherapy, which I have had done on myself and I found this extremely relaxing and invigorating.

All the best,

Carole Green.
Sharon Jullings
Mar 17 2011 8:37AM
Looking forward to hearing Lesley and Terie present.
Sarah Chandler
Mar 17 2011 9:35AM
Thanks for letting me have the minutes of last meeting - Im looking forward to learning about Aromatherapy in the next meeting
sarah

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bromley Networking Hub