Complementary Therapists Association - Forums
Posted by Marie Garrett, Mar 20 2011 2:37PM

Please do not use forums to advertise courses.

Forums Disclaimer

Hi there,

I am a recently qualified ITEC level 3 holistic massage therapist. I would eventually like to work with the elderly and disabled in massage. Is there anyone out there who works in this area and field that would be prepared to let me shadow them to gain some extra experience?

Thanks
Marie
Mai Brain
Mar 21 2011 8:48AM
Hi,
Awfully sorry I can't help you, I suggest that you put your CV into all the salons and spas and perhaps you will be taken on part time or they might let you do work experience in which case you will work for free. Hospices sometimes take on therapists but I haven't gone down that route myself so I have no info. I think that Spas are more likely to want massage therapists but unfortunately all the jobs advertised seem to be for beauty therapists but there is nothing lost by applying and it gives you experience in interviews and an insight into what they want from a therapist. I applied to a Spa and was taken on a year later but I had already got a part time job at a Chiropractors using Remedial massage so I do a bit of both and got experience that way.
Good luck Mai.

Post Reply |

| Back Up to Bristol & Bath Networking Hub