ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: Trisha Gabriel, 25 Sep 2007 4:16PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Heart bypass

My husband suggested a friend of his has a massage to help possible sciatic pain. All I know is he had a double heart by pass 2 years ago, and has a troublesome vein in one leg, he also smokes quite heavily. Is it essential he has GP'S permission for treatment to go ahead, I am not sure about this, as he is under 60, and working as a builder, and his op was over 2years ago. Please advise..Thanks Trish.


Angela Bain
5 Oct 2007 6:07PM

I'm still fairly new to this and am still studying but I would have thought that due to the nature of the surgery that permission from the Doctor would be to your advantage. Also if there is still a dodgy vein then would this not be indicative of ongoing circulatory problems. I would definitely seek advice from GP on this one. Angela Bain
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved