ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: Angela Stevenson, 10 Jan 2012 3:42PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.


Do you need to be covered by specific insurance for running a workshop for couples massage?


Amanda Clegg
10 Jan 2012 6:00PM

Yes it would be sensible if yo are doing workshops for the public. I think that Holistic Insurance covers you for very occasional teaching, which this would be, but you would need to check. However, if they are regular clients you could probably do it under the umbrella of self-care for them to undertake at home.
Marianne Free Allitt
10 Jan 2012 11:11PM

I saw a course once for therapists to learn to "teach couples massage" - I've often wondered what the course would entail?
Julie Munnings
15 Jan 2012 11:24PM

I have my insurance via CThA and this covers my tutoring work. I would personally advise anyone who is teaching a workshop to take a qualification in delivering adult learning such as PPTLS which replaces the old City and Guilds qualification. Invaluable knowledge can be gained in planning and delivering training, preparing quality resources and this can then be applied to whatever subject specialty you may have. Hope this helps.
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved