ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: Tanya Bramley, 27 Jan 2012 4:19PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

regulating body

Does anyone know the regulating body for reflexology, aromatherapy, stone therapy and indian head massage. Conflicting advice on the internet!


Angela Rawlins
27 Jan 2012 5:40PM

Reflexology and Aromatherapy will have their own separate body.
Mike Colquhoun
28 Jan 2012 10:20AM

Hi Tanya We have no regulating body as such yet, though it is probably only a matter of time, we have lead bodies in all therapies and in different areas various different bodies lay claim to this title. Some have m,ore right to the title than others. yours aye Mike
Sue Hannaford
28 Jan 2012 6:30PM

Yes Mike is right. Only things like osteopathy and few others are regulated. We have voluntary self-regulation and various trade bodies/associations that we can choose to below to, given the right quals and insurance. Some info here http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details/default.aspx?id=910
Reflexology is under the CNHC. However this is voluntary regulation, not statutory. One benefit however is that the CNHC registered therapists can now have some fees paid by a couple of health insurance companies - so you need to weight up the pros and cons of the £40 per year fee for regulation. They also cover body massage I think, but you would need to check the other things you do. Be careful to obey their use of logo rules carefully. Cheers Stuart
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved