ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: Beatrice Jackson, 5 Jun 2016 8:49AM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Working in care homes

Hello everyone I am working independently in a couple of natural therapy clinics but am looking to find a regular shift doing e.g. hand massages in a care home (because it would mean a regular portion of income as well as being less strenuous on my back). Does anybody have any experience of this or know about any related regulations? Any advice welcome. Thanks very much Beatrice


Rosemary Pharo
5 Jun 2016 10:30AM

Hi Beatrice I have been giving treatments in a dementia home for three years. Obviously you will need your DBS if you do not have it already (can do via CThA if not). Care homes are regulated by the Care Quality Commission. The home's care system should have a record of your visits and notes - or reports with outcomes - to meet CQC guidelines. You would be working with vulnerable adults and therefore it is important to show that there is a good reason for them to receive the treatments (interaction, improving quality of life, improving health etc).
Log In to Post Reply

© 2019 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved