ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 21 May 2012 9:13PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

beauty therapy course

Hi, I'm Lia, from Bali,Indonesia, and i have been a spa therapist for 8 years and 2 months. I currently working with Four Seasons Hotel Mauritius,and soon next year I will move and settle in the UK. And i have a plan to continue working in spa business, but i heard to be able to get a job in the UK, i need to have a certificate, such as ITEC/NVQ/CIDESCO, etc. The problem is,i have non of this certificate, instead,i have done alot of courses and training but not from this provider. My question is,will i have to take one of this course to be able to get a job in the UK,or is there any other way,as i heard also that i can only do health and safety training,then i will be able to find a job in spa industry? Hope u can help me, Thanks


CThA Administrator
31 Aug 2012 10:30AM

Dear Lia, You may be able to work in the UK by taking your qualifications to NARIC who are the government organisation that map qualifications to the UK framework. If NARIC confirm that your qualifications meet the UK standard to practice then they will provide you with an official letter which you may be able to use with employers, professional associations and insurance providers. I would advise looking on the ITEC or CIDESCO websites to check the standard to practice before you apply to NARIC, as you would be charged to get your qualifications mapped. Please copy and paste this link to go to the NARIC website. http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/default.aspx Kind Regards, Zara Gooch Membership Administrator
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved