ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 25 Jan 2015 4:46PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

home insurance

Hi, i want to work from home seeing clients in my house which was a downstairs spare bedroom. How can i find home insurance that will let me do this. there are millions of people esp therapists who do this part time from their home and i cant find a single home insurance cover that allows it. so how does everyone insure their homes? thanks


26 Jan 2015 9:36AM

Hi, Thanks for sending your message. All the information related to insurance can be found through the following link: http://www.ctha.com/InsuranceInfo/ Hope this has helped. Regards, CThA
Amanda Clegg
29 Jan 2015 12:02AM

My home insurance does charge an extra premium to cover the (unlikely) event of a client tripping on a step or scuffed carpet (even tho I don't have any scuffed carpet) while going into another part of the house eg the loo. I claim this back on my expenses.
Angela Rawlins
13 Apr 2015 4:47PM

Hi I thought my CThA insurance covered public liability
Amanda Clegg
13 Apr 2015 5:57PM

it covers PL as far as your role as a therapist goes. it does not cover you if someone trips going to the loo in your house! It also means that there are strangers in your house so there is a security implication. i had a long conversation with Direct Line who were very helpful, and although I do pay an additional premium, it isn't much and it is fully tax deductible.
Amanda Clegg
13 Apr 2015 5:59PM

Sorry, I'm repeating myself. Its the difference between public liablity that is attached to you as a person, and the PL to do with your premises - which is why one is advised to tell windowcleaners etc that they are not covered by your insurance and therefore go up their ladders at their own risk.
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved