ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 27 Jan 2015 10:58PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Membership, insurance and council tax exemption

Dear CThA, I write you because I'm interested in becoming one of your members. I will start my practice as Acupressure (TuiNa) therapist and Moxibustion practitioner in City of London soon. I hold a 3 years certificate in Acupressure (TuiNa) studying in an italian school. Would like to know if I can apply to your professional association even if I studied in Italy. I need also to know if you give council tax exemption also for the City of London. Thank you very much for your help and support, I'm looking forward to hear from you, Kind regards Chiara Comoglio


3 Feb 2015 9:53AM

Hello Chiara, If you have a foreign qualification, you will have to go to NARIC first. NARIC is an organisation that will check your qualification and map it to a U.K. qualification, so you will know what level it is in the U.K. Check their website: http://www.naric.org.uk/naric/ When you receive a mapping letter from them, send it to us with your qualification and we will check whether we can accept you as a member. Also, you can never receive council tax exemption, I think you mean an exemption for the Special Treatment Licence with the council. You will have to check with your council whether you have to pay once you are a member with us. I hope this helps. If you have any more queries please don't hesitate to contact us on info@ctha.com. Best wishes, Heleen.
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved