ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 29 Jun 2011 10:30AM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

miss Carlotta Lazzaro

Dear Sir / Madam, I am qualified in Italy as a Naturopath and as an Ayurvedic therapist. I will be moving to England later this year to be with my partner and to set up a therapy clinic in Brighton. As an italian I would like to be confident of the requirements to practice in the UK and do things in the correct way. I am writing to ask if you could send me details of legal and professional requirements that i need in order to do this. I have an Italian diploma in Naturopathy and I am unsure if this is enough to practice in the UK. On a legal front I am sure I will need insurances and to meet other requirements. If there is any way you could help me understand what i need to do to set up in the UK I would very much appreciate any help you can offer me or guidance you can direct me to. Also should I join a number of associations , councils or just one in particular? Please help :-) Many Thanks Carlotta Lazzaro


Pamela Bracken
6 Jul 2011 8:06PM

Hi Carlotta If you join the CThA you can get insurance through them for naturopathy and ayurveda. You definitely need insurance. You only need to join one association. They will be able to tell you if they reconise your qualifications, and if not what you can do about it. Good luck Pam
Neville Dalton
20 Jul 2011 7:17PM

How refreshing to see a newcomer take such a diligent approach to practising in this country. I'm sure we've all come across people - no doubt undercutting us - who practise with no (or inadequate) qualifications and insurance, while so many of us go about it the right way - with all the extra cost and red tape. Good luck, Carlotta. And stay in touch - I look forward to meeting you in Brighton.
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved