ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 10 Sep 2012 9:56PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Room Let for Therapy Practice

Hi, I am thinking of letting a room in my house to a massage therapist for her practice. She has her own insurance but can you tell me whether I would need to have public liability insurance, and are there any other legal implications I need to consider as members of the public will be coming and going in my house? Many thanks, Emma


Francesca Crocetta
14 Sep 2012 10:51PM

Hi Emma, Your prospective therapist MUST have her own public liability insurance. Contact your local Health inspector, who will tell you what is required in your premises, acess to sink, toilet etc. You might want to look at your building insurance to see the terms and conditions. Do check your own policies, you might need public liability, e.g. client trips on edge of carpet/slips on stair or step, cracks an ankle...." it wasn't cleared, there was a hole and my heel caught inside, I slipped on the wet floor" It will be YOUR home, your responsibility! I hope this has given you food for thought, accidents do happen! Keep well, Francesca
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved