ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 23 Oct 2014 10:32PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Sports therapy v sports massage

I am a Swedish massage therapist and would like to progress into the field of sports. I'm struggling to decide whether I should study sports massage or sports therapy, what is the difference? Is one greater recognised than the other ? Many thanks


4 Nov 2014 9:41AM

Hi, Thanks for your message. I would suggest Sports Massage Therapy Level 4. Kind Regards, CThA
Cherry O'Sullivan
15 Jan 2015 7:16PM

A Sports Therapist (at degree level, not sure about level 4) can diagnose, treat, and rehabilitate musculoskeletal injuries. As part of their training, they will also get a sports massage qualification. A Sports Massage Therapist can only massage, and will have limited knowledge about sports injuries and the physiology involved in tissue healing.
Log In to Post Reply

© 2020 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved