ctha Logo

Complementary Therapists Association

Members Sign in  |  OR Join Today

Posted by: , 3 Nov 2011 3:08PM
Please do not use the forums to advertise courses.

Where to begin?

HI, Please could you give me a comprehensive list of courses that I would need to do in order to qualify as a complimentary therapist? There seems to be a lot of courses available and I'm not sure which ones I should do in order to be able to practice. Please could you recommend what order of courses I should go on, e.g. which course is best to do first? Many Thanks Leeanne Gilpin leeleelass@yahoo.co.uk


Tracy Howard
5 Nov 2011 1:32PM

This really depends on which direction you want to take. You can either start with a basic massage course or a reflexology course depending on which of these interests you most. Once you have completed either of these you are then able to complete additional qualifications to increase your skills & knowledge. Which interests you the most? Reflexology or holistic massage, swedish massage or sports massage? Any one of these is available through ITEC, VTCT or AoR or look on here under education for courses that are about 1 year in length part-time. Hope this helps
Siew Allen
14 Nov 2011 10:03PM

One tip make sure you go for a course which teaches hands on techniques and just loads of theory. Also ensure the anatomy is covered thoroughly or elase you will be coming out unfinished and unable to be confident in your practice
Log In to Post Reply

© 2019 Membership Administration Services Ltd All Rights Reserved